It's the only session held in Hong Kong as of today of such kind (not counting the Android session in early March), he's believing that more Google sessions would be held in Hong Kong through HK GTUGs (Google Technology User Groups) from now on. Since I'm not able to share his slides here, just few key items to mention below:
Session 1: HTML5 and Web apps
- HTML5 Examples shared (Supported by Chrome 4+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4+, Opera, IE with Chrome Frame)
- Convas - pixel level drawing and rendering in 2D graphics
- Geolocation - simply what it means, your Geographical location tracked using the IP/Wifi network
- App cache & Database - a build in database concept in the browser's cache, using SQL to operate
- Workers - you can imagine it's about multi-threading for web application
- He demonstrated how to setup a Google Maps using the API, and the tricks behind, as well as some business cases of real life website/web applications mash up with Google Maps using API.
Between the two sessions, I participated in the speech recognition research project for their Android device, using my voice to speak 500 commonly searched items in Cantonese. Each of the participant would be given a complimentary Google T-Shirt when finished.
Upload one or two photos later.